Are you Sci Curious?
An opportunity has arisen for students to join an advisory group called ‘Sci Curious’, for the new Science Gallery coming to Melbourne in 2020. Please read on if this interests you.
Curious about artificial intelligence, space travel and virtual reality? Or are you into dance and theatre, design, film and TV? Ever found yourself in a Google deep dive into Barbra Streisand’s cloned dogs? Science Gallery Melbourne is looking for young and curious people to join Sci Curious – an advisory group that will help inform and shape the future of our exhibitions, public events and programs. Science Gallery Melbourne are keen to talk to 15 to 25-year-olds who are passionate about art, science, design, technology and innovation, and who are keen to meet other like-minded, self-confessed (and proud) nerds and contribute to the Gallery’s planning and projects, keeping young voices front and centre. Science Gallery Melbourne welcome all young people, and strongly encourage applications from people who are Indigenous, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and people with disabilities. Sci Curious members will receive a small payment in exchange for their time.
What does it involve?
Sci Curious members will be expected to:
- sign up for a two-year period
- attend three to four meetings per year
- act as advocates of Science Gallery Melbourne within your school, university, workplace and social communities
- be part of conversations on big ideas, artworks, events, exhibition ideas and more
- write reviews of Science Gallery Melbourne events and exhibitions that you attend, and contribute to our blog.
Why be part of Sci Curious?
Sci Curious members will have opportunities to:
- gain career advice from our Science Gallery Melbourne team and the Leonardos – our expert advisory group full of artists, scientists, and everyone in between
- meet like-minded people
- help Science Gallery Melbourne to shape our programs and our voice
- be a representative of your community
- attend our exhibition openings and the other events we run throughout the year
- find out what we are up to before we tell anyone else!
If you’d love to join Sci Curious, please fill out the application form. Applications are due by 5pm on Friday 27 April.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please email Ellie Michaelides, our Science Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Find the application link below: https://melbourne.sciencegallery.com/are-you-sci-curious
If you need assistance with preparing your application, see Ms Dobson.