• Learn more about our revolutionary curriculum

Learn more about our revolutionary curriculum

Our vertical class structure provides enriched learning. Read More
  • MAC has a wide range of co-curricular activities

MAC has a wide range of co-curricular activities

Find out more about the co-curricular activities offered at MAC. Read More
  • Book a virtual tour

Book a virtual tour

Our students are empowered in their learning. Book a virtual tour to find out more. Read More
  • Student wellbeing is an essential part of learning.

Student wellbeing is an essential part of learning.

Learn about our programs for wellbeing and engagement. Read More
  • We have a rich program for international students

We have a rich program for international students

Find out more about our international student program. Read More
  • MAC Sports Extension

MAC Sports Extension

Find out more about our select entry MAC Sports Extension Program. Read More
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6

Speech from Danny Pearson MP

This was a speech Danny Pearson MP gave to Parliament earlier last week. As always, we are thankful for the support he gives to the school.

One of the tasks I set myself when I was first elected was I wanted to make sure that Mount Alexander College became one of the best secondary schools in the inner north-west. The Deputy Premier and I went there in 2015. This school services the Flemington public housing estate and it services the Ascot Vale public housing estate. When we went there five and a half years ago there were 27 year 7 students. This is a school that services these communities. If you are actually serious about making sure that culturally and linguistically diverse communities have the opportunity to engage proactively in economic institutions, you have got to make sure they get a decent education. I looked at this school back in 2015 and I just knew the way in which that school was constructed then and there that if those kids from the public housing estates went to that school, they just were not going to get a fair deal. It just was not right. And I am really pleased and I am thrilled that through patience and perseverance and strong leadership from the school, particularly Dani Angelico, who is the principal, and prior to Dani and Wayne Haworth, we have secured $24.77 million for the redevelopment of that school, because I passionately believe in it.

I want to make sure that in my lifetime when you walk the floors of a public service building or if you go into the floors of 101 Collins Street you will see African Australians there in senior leadership roles, because that has been a great success story of this nation. Every new generation that has sought to come here to build a new life has that opportunity. If they work hard and if they apply themselves and they are disciplined, then they have got the capacity to reach their full potential. And I want more African-Australians in senior leadership roles; I want to see that while I am alive. I want to see that occur because that for me will be testament of the strength and the resilience of our community and our economy. But it starts with a good education. It starts with a good education and it starts with decent public housing, because that is what the community deserves. That is what these people deserve; they just want a fair go. We just want a level playing field to give them the opportunity to achieve their potential.

The Hon. Danny Pearson MP
Assistant Treasurer
Minister for Creative Industries
Minister for Government Services
Minister for Regulatory Reform

Upcoming Events

1. Australia Day Public Holiday

January 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
  2. Term 1 Commences Staff ONLY

January 27 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
  3. Entry and Graduates 2021 & 2021 return to school

January 28 @ 9:00 am - 3:20 pm
  4. Above Entry return to school

January 29 @ 9:00 am - 3:20 pm

Community School Since 1858

Mount Alexander College is located where Flemington National School was established in 1858. The school, which has undergone many changes, has always served the community.

Contact Us

Email: mount.alexander.712@education.vic.gov.au
Phone: 0393761622
Fax: 0393765232
Address: 167–175 Mount Alexander Road Flemington VIC 3031
Provider No.: 00861K

Mount Alexander College is accredited under the Department of Education and Training’s CRICOS registration (CRICOS provider name and code: Department of Education and Training, 00861K). For further information refer to www.study.vic.gov.au.

Mount Alexander College acknowledges the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nations, the Traditional Owners of the land on whose unceded lands the school stands, and pay our respects to their Elders, past and present.