2023 Course Counselling Subject Selection Timeline
Take the time to read the timeline for 2023 Course Counselling*, Subject Selection** and Course Confirmation***, which lists what is required from students and parents or carers to ensure a smooth process. There is a link to the attached timeline under School Favourites (Star icon) in Compass. We are not in the position to offer all subjects listed in the Subject Handbook. Subjects listed in the handbook enable students to see the progression of the subjects as they move into the later years.
Dates of note
- Thursday 14 July – VCE VM (Vocational Major) 2023 applications open
- Friday 22 July – MAC Subject Handbook goes live
- Tuesday 26 July—Tuesday 16 August – Student Pathway Plan (SPP) and Career Action Plan (CAP)
- Wednesday 27 July 2.00—4.30pm – Graduates of 2023 Course Counselling and early dismissal for Entry to Above Entry 10 at 1.15pm
- Thursday July 28 – VCE VM 2023 applications close
- Monday 1 August – 2023 Preliminary Subject Selections open
- Wednesday 3 August 9.00am—4.30pm – No scheduled classes (including Grad 22 classes) and 2023 Above Entry 8 to 10 and Graduates of 2024 Course Counselling
- Wednesday 10 August 2.00—4.30pm – 2023 Above Entry 10 and Graduates of 2024 Course Counselling Catchup and early dismissal for all other students at 1.15pm
- Friday 12 August – Preliminary Subjects Close
- Friday 21 October – Preliminary 2023 Subject Selections published
- Friday 4 November – 2023 Subject Selection changes close
- Monday 14 November – 2023 Course Confirmation opens on Compass
- Wednesday 30 November – 2023 MAC Orientation Program begins
* Course Counselling – Mentor teachers, Heads of House, Careers and Pathways Coordinator or Junior School or Senior School Coordinators guide students in provisional subject selections after reviewing reports, assessment data and teacher recommendations.
** Subject Selection – students choose their subjects for the next year from the Subject Handbook.
*** Course Confirmation – parents or carers confirm on Compass what subjects their child will be taking in the next year and are invited to make voluntary contribution towards school fees.