Flemington Education Plan
Mount Alexander College
At Mount Alexander College we are involved in an exciting project, the Flemington Education Plan (the Plan) with a vision to ensure every child and young person experiences opportunities and pathways that promote educational excellence, health and wellbeing and a sense belonging and community – from kindergarten right through to adult pathways beyond secondary school.
Through the Plan, we’re working with Flemington Primary School, Debney Meadows Primary School and Ascot Vale Heights School, sharing our expertise and resources to provide excellent outcomes for every student through collaboration and connection to local community. Celebrating the diversity of our community and focusing on inclusion will be a key priority of the Plan.
The Victorian Government has already invested more than $32 million to update and modernise schools across the Plan, including ours. This investment has already supported us to:
- Undertake community consultation (2019)
- Establish a Literacy Community of Practice (2020)
- Establish a Health and Wellbeing Community of Practice across the four schools and Travancore School (2020)
- Undertake additional infrastructure planning across all Flemington Education Plan schools (ongoing)
What’s next for the Flemington Education Plan?
- Develop a health and wellbeing strategy to support all students in the Plan
- A focus on student-centred approaches where diversity is celebrated
- Embed best practice school improvement initiatives through new specialist subject areas including Design, Technology and the Arts
- Develop a shared vision for excellence in teaching and learning across the four schools
For more information on upgrades and modernisation works planning and community consultation involved in this plan, please visit the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA): https://www.schoolbuildings.vic.gov.au/schools/Pages/FlemingtonEP.aspx
Community Update – December 2022
To read the first edition of the Flemington Education Plan (FEP) community newsletter, click here.