We accept enrolments from students of all year levels. We encourage you to book a tour at our school for you and your child before deciding to enrol your child at the school. We run tours throughout the year with the principal and student leaders and it is a great opportunity to see the school in action.
Grade 6 to Year 7 Transition Enrolment
Students transitioning to secondary school must follow the enrolment process that applies to their residential address. There are different documentation and processes that are applied and your child’s current school will issue you all the paperwork.
If your child is in Year 6, you will need to follow the process set down by the Department of Education and Training (DET).
- Use Find My School to determine whether you are in the Mount Alexander College zone.
- More info on the DET Website – ‘Moving from Primary School to Secondary School: Information for Parents and Carers’
- Refer to the Enrolment: Placement Policy
All application documents are issued and processed by the primary school.
Relocation to Mount Alexander College Zone
The Enrolment Process is for students who are currently in another secondary school. Parents/carers will need to complete an online Expression of Interest form and provide documents of the 100-point address check.
Applications will be considered subject to available space.
100-Point Address Check
It is a DET requirement of a 100-point address check to provide the following documents with the child’s parent/carer’s full name and address:
- council rates notice or a lease agreement or contract of sale
- electricity or gas bill
- water bill
- telephone or internet bill
- driver’s licence
- home insurance policy or motor vehicle registration.
Please note, these documents must be up to three months old.
Under the Department of Education and Training’s Parent Payments Policy, Victorian government schools are required to provide transparent information to their school community on voluntary parent/carer contributions.
The following document outlines the voluntary parent/carer contributions at our school:
The Mount Alexander College school uniform is compulsory. For more information, please refer to our Uniform page.
Our Laptop Portal allows parents and carers to purchase a device through LWT (Learning with Technologies).
The devices nominated best meet the curriculum and technical requirements of the college. The main benefits of purchasing a device through the portal includes:
- Onsite servicing and repair of devices by LWT in a timely manner
- Extended warranty and insurance options available
- Improved service by school technicians
- Orders before 25/11/22 will have free delivery and ensure they will be ready before term 1 starts.
Student can still bring their own device. Please note that tablets are not recommended as a suitable device.
It is important that the device meets the following specifications:
Operating system minimum specifications
● Mac 10.12
● Windows 10
All operating systems must be patched with the latest service pack
Laptop minimum requirements
● Wi-Fi connection
● 11-inch screen
● 8GB RAM
● recommend 120GB SSD
● up-to-date antivirus/anti malware/anti spyware programs installed
● minimum six (6) hour battery life
Child Safe Standards
Mount Alexander College is committed to providing a child safe and child friendly environment, where students are safe and feel safe.
Our child safety and wellbeing policies outline the measures and strategies we have in place to support, promote and maintain the safety and wellbeing of our students:
- Bullying Prevention Policy
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
- Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Child Safety Responding and Reporting Obligations Policy and Procedures
- Parent and Carer Complaints Policy
- Digital Learning Policy
- Student Wellbeing and Engagement Policy
- Volunteers Policy
- Visitors Policy
As valuable partners in promoting and maintaining child safety and wellbeing at Mount Alexander College we welcome and encourage your feedback.
If you have any suggestions, comments, or questions in relation to our child safe policies and practices, please contact the principal Dani Angelico at email@example.com