The Wellbeing team is located in the Resource Centre.
The Wellbeing team comprises:
- Student Wellbeing Coordinator and Program of Students with Disability Coordinator – Carmel Nielsen
- Youth Worker – Clark Michell
- Mental Health Practitioners – Elaine Wong and Julie Sinclair
- GP in School – Dr Balivinder Khaira
- Practice Nurse – Carol Preston
- Learning Support Officers – Joe D’Andrea, Marie Foca Cunha, Anita Dhawan, Ally Paleologoudias, Halima Malaakh, Chloe Fraser and Zenash Asfaw
- Community Engagement Officer – Zeituna Hussein
What we offer
Students can access short term counselling with the Wellbeing team. The team consult with families, leadership and external agencies to offer the best wellbeing outcomes for students. The team also support students with mental health and learning differences and complex needs.
The team provide parent and carer resources including:
- current mental health information sessions for parents and carers
- evidence-based mental health resources
- Parent Guides.
Today parents face a multitude of modern day challenges in raising happy, well and resilient young people. While there is a great deal of information available, this can often be confusing and overwhelming for parents looking for guidance. SchoolTV addresses this as a new online resource designed to empower you as parents with credible and sound information with realistic, practical ongoing support strategies.
To support our school community during this time, resources and support are available for parents, carers and families. These resources will help to support the mental health and wellbeing of our students and the young people in our care. Read more about the resources for our school community
What is Positive Psychology
“Positive psychology is the scientific study of what makes life most worth living” (Peterson, 2008).
Positive Psychology is an approach to wellbeing based on the scientific study of developing people’s strengths to promote positive wellbeing and support students to flourish and thrive.
Positive Psychology is based on the key elements of:
- live optimistically
- physical activity
- position emotion.