The new and improved music program that is running at MAC gives all students the chance to study the aspects of music they want to learn. With both instrumental lessons and classroom electives (including VCE), everyone has the opportunity to learn the instrument they dream of.
At MAC we offer instrumental lessons in a wide range of instruments to students throughout the school. Lessons take place during the school day on a rotating timetable and are available on:
- Woodwind: Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone (Alto, Tenor, Baritone)
- Brass: Trumpet, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba
- Guitar: Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Double Bass
- Percussion (including Drum Kit)
- Voice (Singing)
- Electronic music/Songwriting/Music Production.
With plenty of performance opportunities both on and off campus the students at MAC have are able to experience what it is really like to be a musician. There are plenty of opportunities to learn about all aspects of the music industry with students not only playing and performing music but also doing live sound mixing and lighting, songwriting and recording and producing music of their own.
Ensembles at the school include:
- Percussion ensemble (Brazilian/African Drumming)
- Vocal Ensemble (Pop Choir)
- Jazz Band
- The Electric MAC Orchestra
- Guitar Ensemble
- Rock Bands