Mount Alexander College, a secondary school operated by the Victorian Department of Education and Training. Mount Alexander College is a registered provider of courses for international students, and it attracts students from interstate and overseas, as well as from the local area, with over 40 nationalities represented.
The school is located in inner city Melbourne and is only four kilometres from the centre of the city. We are only a short train or tram ride from Melbourne’s Central Business District providing an exciting inner city urban environment. Mount Alexander College is well serviced by trains, trams and buses.
Flemington is surrounded by great facilities including indoor and outdoor pools, indoor and outdoor sporting grounds, parks, rivers, shopping centres, cinemas, restaurants, libraries, universities, accommodation and cultural spaces like the Arts Centre, National Galleries of Victoria, Melbourne Zoo and Melbourne Museum.
Mount Alexander College has a dedicated team that supports all international students. The college has students from 15 different countries including Europe and Asia. It offers the following services:
- airport pick-up
- orientation program (student buddy program, school tour and welcome lunch, etc…)
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Arabic speaking staff to assist students settling in Australia.
- assistance with the establishment of bank accounts and phone network
- friendly Homestay accommodation with local families
- International Coordinator visits to student’s homestay and regular contact with family overseas
- qualified and passionate staff and highly dedicated teachers
- broad and highly innovative curriculum
- personalised learning (MAC provides a tailored learning program catering for the passion and learning needs of every student.
- English as an Additional Language support
- applications for university studies
- personal counselling through coordinators and the Student Welfare Coordinator
- academic support across all courses, including homework club, tutoring and study skills classes, etc…
- cultural and sporting activities
- diverse student body
- student-led learning and curriculum
- extensive clubs to enhance student engagement including art, bike repair, board games, chess, choir, homework, mindfulness, movie club, sports and much more.